Awakened Voices Submission Guidelines
Before submitting, please read our criteria and guidelines.
Please note that we publish bi-annually, and we’ll do our best to respond in a timely fashion.
- Writing must be on the topic of sexual violence.
- Writers who identify as survivors of sexual violence are strongly encouraged to submit work.
- Writers who do not identify as survivors of sexual violence may submit work; however, we do reserve the right to decline your submission if it does not comply with our mission as a literary magazine dedicated to healing from sexual violence.
- All submissions to our themed issues must be submitted one month before the issue will be published.
- If you are submitting a piece unrelated to a themed issue, we accept rolling submissions.
- We accept any type of writing.
- We accept profanity.
- We encourage a short author biography.
- We cannot pay our writers at this time, but we will be strong advocates for your work.
- We reserve the right to make edits for typos, clarity, and grammar corrections.
- If you have any requests regarding formatting or layout please include them in the comments field.
- We accept submissions of both unpublished and previously published works.
- We will do our best to read and respond to your piece in 4 – 8 weeks depending on staff workload.
Our submissions are currently closed. Please look back in late Winter for our next submission call!
Our Next Theme:
Here, There, and Everywhere
Questions about the submission process or guidelines? Contact email@example.com